Checklist of what a good Flat Pack Supplier should have:
When evaluating the cost of cabinets from different Flat Pack Companies, it’s pointless looking at just one cabinet and basing the cost of that cabinet to determine who is the most cost effective. This is because there is no such ‘bench mark’ in the Cabinet making industry and everyone has a different pricing structure. The only way to truly compare between Companies is to evaluate the TOTAL cost and compare the benefits of each Company. Below are some factors that you need to consider when evaluating different Flat Pack Cabinets from different suppliers:
1. Does the quoted cabinet prices include GST? Be careful, as some don’t! All of OzFlatPack prices are GST inclusive, so there are no hidden surprises!
2. How much is the delivery cost? This can make quite a difference when comparing costs between different Companies. The delivery cost is usually something that is only determined at the end of an order and not included in the cost of the cabinet. At OzFlatPacks, we always endeavour to source the best price for you and we don’t mark-up our delivery cost. However due to our large range of Factory and Depot Outlets, many customers prefer to pick-up rather than use delivery and this also saves them money.
3. Do you have to pay extra for customising sizes? How much extra will it cost you to have a 600mm cabinet cut down to 567mm? With our system, you specify the size and we don’t charge any extra for this service. Not only that, but you don’t get a ‘cut down’ cabinet. With our system it’s cut to the right size the first time around - equalling to a much better cabinet to start with.
4. Can you get custom sizes for Height and Depth as well as Width? Some Companies will only cut the width and they won’t cut the height and depth. OzFlatPacks cabinets are fully 3 way customisable (Height, Width & Depth) – at no extra cost.
5. What about Corner cabinets – is there a full range available and can you specify your own custom dimensions? Very few Companies can do this or even want to, but again OzFlatPacks provides this service at no extra cost, as we realise that it is very important to offer this customisability in corner cabinets.
6. Compare the ‘standard’ size range – Almost all Flat Pack suppliers are still set to the ‘old’ system of only 720mm high for their base cabinets. The problem with this is that most people are now wanting a taller bench height (higher than 900mm overall) and by using a 720mm high cabinet, this just makes the kickboard area higher. The kickboard area is just wasted space. With the OzFlatPack system, our ‘standard’ height is 750mm – at no extra charge and we can go much higher if you need to.
7. Similarly about the Depth – which in most cases can be as great as 700mm deep for Base (Floor) cabinets and up to 500mm deep for Wall cabinets – All exclusively offered by OzFlatPacks at no extra cost.
8. Are Drawer cabinets made to measure? With OzFlatPacks, you can specify varying drawer front Heights, mix Pot Drawers with Cutlery Drawers should you need to and you can specify the depths of the runners, if needed. You'll have total flexibility with drawer configurations when using the OzFlatPacks system.
9. What about the cabinet's back wall thickness? There are some suppliers that just make cabinets with very thin backs, which don’t make the cabinet strong. You should always Insist on a solid 16mm back for greater strength, durability and ease of fixing the cabinet to the wall. With OzFlatPacks a 16mm solid back comes as standard, not an extra.
10. Is the carcass made according to the Australian standard for 16mm High Moisture Resistant Particle board? All the boards that OzFlatPacks use either meet or exceed the Australian standard and we use only quality board manufacturers for our cabinets.
11. Can you order additional shelves for selected cabinets? Is this easy and cost effective? With OzFlatPacks ordering additional shelves is simple and no problem at all. Not only that, but you can specify if you want these as Fixed or Adjustable shelving.
12. If you do need Fillers for some of your cabinetry, can you specify Height, Width and Edging requirements for these? With OzFlatPacks you can!
13. Legs – does the cabinet price include the plastic Adjustable Legs, pre-drilled for easy installation? When you buy OzFlatPack's cabinets (excluding the carcase only option of course), you receive the Adjustable plastic legs, bases and kickboard clips, pre-drilled for easy installation.
14. Bench tops – when you order these, can you also order the machining required for the joining of these tops? Does the machining come with the joining bolts required? With all OzFlatPacks postform laminated bench tops, you can easily specify the joining requirements and they come complete with the joining hardware required.
15. Can you order the full range of Laminated Bench tops, or are you limited to just a few colours? With OzFlatPacks, Not only can you order the colour of your choice, but you can choose the finish you want as well.
16. Are the Flat Packs made in Australia and are the manufacturing jobs being kept in Australia? OzFlatPacks is a 100% Australian Company, manufacturing in Australia, by Australians for Australians.
We hope that this information has been helpful for you.
If you need further help or more information on this topic please:
From all the team at OzFlatPacks