All the board material that we use is Australia made and exceeds the specification of ‘Australian Environmental Labeling Association (AELA 28) - Furniture and Fittings’ requirements. The board has all been approved for use in all food storage areas and comes with an E0 Formaldehyde rating . This is unlike almost all of the cheap imported boards (mainly from China) as these are not required to be tested in Australia, as they are considered a 'finished' product and therefore could contain very high ratings of Formaldehyde.
The boards used for our cupboards are moisture resistant substrate MDF board and is overlaid with a coloured melamine finish on both sides. The surface provides a pre-finished hard surface that is ready to cut to size at the joinery workshop and the exposed edges are covered with 1mm ABS edging.
The edgings are all high impact resistant 1mm ABS edges (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene or ABS), is a highly quality thermoplastic, rigid and environmentally friendly product), to ensure longevity and reduce possible damage for many, many years to come.
Bench Top Material:
The substrate for our bench tops is HMR (High Moisture Resistant) Particleboard. This High Moisture Resistant board is suitable for use in areas where occassional wetting may occur as well as in areas of high humidity. The moisuture resistant resin repels water giving the board a reduced response when subject to wetting when compared to standard particleboard. Suitable for use in bathroom vanities, kitchens and laundries.
The Quality of our cabinets is unsurpassed in the industry and we don’t skimp either on cheap imported hardware to save a few dollars now (only to cause you problems later on down the track when hinge breaks or the drawer runner doesn’t slide anymore).
We use only the best quality Hinges and Drawer runners, made by Hettich in Germany (the worlds largest and best supplier of hardware, see:Hettich), as Hinge and Drawer runners are not made in Australia. This comes with Hettich’s famous ‘limited lifetime warrantee’, so you know it is made to last and has the backing of a reputable International Company.
Our cabinets are solidly built to last (i.e the backs, sides and bottoms are all 16mm thick)
White Cupboard Internals (i.e carcass)
NOTE: 'White' HMR particle board with 1mm durable ABS edging is always quoted as the standard for cupboard internals (i.e carcass).
If you prefer to have the carcass in an alternative solid colour, pattern, woodgrain or gloss finish we can price this for you but it will be a lot more costly (at least 2.25+ times higher, depending upon the colour selection). For more information on why a coloured wardrobe insert is more expensive, please see below:
White Internals - Cost Savings Advantages:
- White board is the stock colour for cabinetry internals and bought in bulk, muliple pack quantities which means we get it at a lower price and we able to pass this cost saving on to you.
- White board sheet sizes are larger and as such optimises the parts better, meaning less material wastage.
- When using white board, we are also able to batch other jobs into the optimisation of the sheets to achieve (on average) less than 8% wastage per sheet - which is extremely good for custom orders. This reduced wastage means we can pass these savings on to you.
Coloured Internals - Extra Costs Outlined:
- A custom colour needs to be ordered in specially for the your order. First we need to calculate the correct quantity of boards and rolls of ABS edging required to complete the job, the square metre price of the material alone is on average 225+% more expensive than whiteboard. In addition, the board suppliers all charge a 'logistics' fee per order.
- The factory manufacturing costs are higher and the machining time is longer as we are adding another coloured material to the job cycle and manufacturing smaller sheet sizes per cycle.
So as you can see, there is not just one factor that increases the cost when wanting the internals out of a coloured material, there are quite a few and when added together they do add up. However, if you really want the internals made from something other than white laminate, we can do this- just put in the colour that you want in the 'Special Request' box and we can get back to you with a revised quote.
Here is a brief over-view of OzFlatPacks:
- All of our cabinetry is custom made to your sizes and specifications
- Guaranteed - All our flat packs have a 7 year guarantee on materials and workmanship
- We only use quality hardware and fittings -We don't cut costs by using inferior hardware that won't last
- We use quality Australian made board material, exceeding all Australian standards for quality control
- We support local jobs and the local community by employing only skilled Australian tradesmen
- 100% Australian made and Australian manufactured and proud of it! -We don't buy overseas inferior materials and hardware.
- Family business - operating with traditional values of: Trust, Value, Service & Quality
- Over 90 years combined industry experience
- We are not shareholder profit driven unlike corporate giants like the major hardware stores - We build our cabinetry just for you
- We have over 150 factory & depots outlets across Australia to choose from, in every major city and even regional Australia
- You can select whether to pick-up or have home delivery -The choice is yours
- Committed to only producing exceptionally high quality, truly customizable cabinets
- Full on-line instant quoting/ordering website is open 24/7 and is designed to be very powerful, yet flexible and easy to use
- World class manufacturing software and systems, developed in-house, to cater exactly to suit our business process's
- Fast turn-around times for all accepted jobs
- Customer service focused is our number 1 priority
We hope that this information has been helpful for you.
If you need further help or more information on this topic please:
From all the team at OzFlatPacks